Terms and Conditions
Invoicing and Payments
For credit account customers, an invoice will be emailed after delivery of your booking.
For cash customers, an invoice will be emailed after your booking is processed based on the information provided. The invoice must be paid in full before we can confirm and proceed with your vehicle delivery service.
Helping things go right
Core to providing a perfect vehicle delivery service is correct information. Please help us to avoid additional costs by providing correct information.
Please note, additional charges may apply should the information you provide be incorrect such as postcode or any such information that changes the cost of delivering the service.
Changing collection or delivery information without notification may invalidate the contract and additional fees may apply to complete your vehicle delivery.
The vehicle must be ready for collection when the driver or transporter arrives. Waiting time will be charged at £45/hr for transporter and £20/hr for a professional driver service if the vehicle is not available for collection. If the collection is cancelled, no refund will be provided. Job bookings cancelled after 1pm one working day before the collection day will be charged in full. If a vehicle cannot be delivered waiting time will also be applicable.
For a Transporter Delivery
For the booking of a transported service (where your vehicle is loaded onto a truck or trailer and transported to the delivery location) the following terms and conditions are applicable:
- a) The vehicle must start, drive forward and back and brake safely. If not the delivery is considered a recovery and additional fees may be required to load/unload the vehicle. If the transporter arrives at the collection point and the vehicle cannot be loaded the job will be aborted without refund or invoiced in full.
- b) The vehicle must be accessible in order to load the vehicle(s) onto a truck or trailer and there must be adequate access for the truck to load safely. If we cannot load the vehicle the job will be aborted without refund or invoiced in full.
- c) Shift A Car Ltd is providing a managed booking and payment service. Your vehicle is insured by the carrier company or individual delivering the vehicle delivery service between the signatures at collection & delivery point. We will ensure all damage claims are processed against the carrier’s insurance. Shift A Car Ltd is not liable for any damage to your vehicle. Should Shift A Car Ltd ever be held responsible then our liability is limited to the value of the delivery invoice.
Finally, thank you for choosing to use Shift A Car. We pride ourselves in providing the industry's best-managed vehicle delivery service. Vehicle logistics can be complicated and can easily go wrong if incorrect information is provided. To avoid this we make information as transparent as possible and while some of the above may seem scary it is to make sure that both you, our drivers and transporters and Shift A Car have clear roles and responsibilities.
For a Professional Driver Delivery
For the booking of a professional driver service the following additional terms and conditions are applicable:
- a) Your vehicle must be driveable and reliable. If you are in doubt your vehicle is reliable please book a transported service.
- b) If your vehicle breaks down between collection and delivery you will still be charged the full delivery fee and will also need to arrange recovery at your cost. We will help ensure your car is recovered. We will need to charge driver waiting time.
- c) The vehicle must be roadworthy, road legal and have a valid MOT and TAX disk (we can drive a vehicle with no tax but trade plates must be requested prior). If the professional driver deems the vehicle unsafe to be driven on the road then we retain the right to abort at the job at owner's expense.
- d) The vehicle must not contain any illegal or unsafe objects. A full abort may be applicable and is at your cost if you fail to advise prior.
- e) Vehicles should be fuelled for the journey. Any fuel required during the journey will be paid in cash at delivery point to the driver or invoiced at the pump price plus VAT at the prevailing rate.
- f) Any road tolls or additional and unavoidable journey costs will be invoiced plus VAT at the prevailing rate.
- g) Neither the professional driver or Shift A Car are liable for; any glass breakage such as headlights or windscreens; tyre punctures or road damage caused by potholes, stones or such like.
- h) Shift A Car Ltd is providing a managed booking and payment service. Your vehicle is insured by the carrier company or individual delivering the vehicle delivery service between the signatures at collection & delivery point.
- i) Shift A Car is not liable for any damage to your vehicle. Should Shift A Car ever be found responsible then our liability is limited to the value of one British pound.